As energy costs are rising sharply, now is the time to act. Your, commercial, whatever the size of your hot water and heating appliances everyone can directly save money.
Step 1 – Regular Servicing:
The same rule applies to any hot water & heating appliances you have from large commercial appliances to a non-commercial appliance in the kitchen; they must be serviced annually by registered Gas Safe professionals. Annual boiler servicing was reduced by 34% during the Covid-19 pandemic. This will have a direct effect on higher energy costs and may void warrantees. More importantly It may also lead to costly breakdowns/repairs and a loss of heating and hot water.
Step 2 – Replacing Old with New Appliance:
Consider replacing your boiler. There is a potential saving up to 30% in energy costs which for many means the boiler installation pays for themselves in 4-5 years. Many of our service clients have achieved payback of the asset capital outlay in under 2 years.
Step 3 – An Appliance Gas Safe Check = Daily Energy Efficiency:
Commercial systems, i would urge all customers to consider a full appliance efficiency check covering everything including system design, ventilation, insulation, and use of alternative heat recovery systems to provide the most effective, reliable, and cost-efficient solutions
What’s involved in an appliance service?
Inspecting your Appliance and the operating controls to ensure they are operating
- Safely and identify any defective components and faults.
- Checking your appliance for corrosion and leaks, water and gas tightness.
- Checking the appliances functioning of its main components - burner, heat exchanger, main burners, the spark/sensor probe together with the ignition and probe leads.
- Carrying out a gas pressure check to ensure your boiler is operating at the correct gas pressure.
- Testing the flue to ensure that the flue is not obstructed and the flue components are sealed correctly to make sure no unsafe emissions are being released from your appliance.
- Adjusting the gas valve to check the burner is combusting efficiently and correctly. Fully read the printed analysis report to support the operationally function of each individual burner.
- Conducting a gas tightness test on the gas pipework to ensure there are no leaks.
- Cleaning the appliance and all functioning integral parts as required.
- Removal of Lime scale from the internal area of the appliance causing direct damage to the heat exchangers, save more money “stop” heating void spaces caused within the appliance and the restricted flow within the systems pipework created by limescale build up. Not to mention the decrease in energy efficiency and shorting the life span of the appliance.
- Replacing the appliances insulation to maintain heat efficiency, refit the appliance casing correctly ensuring it is sealed properly.
- Prepare a full service report including all of the relevant information you need about the safety of your Appliance. This is important to maintain the validity of your manufacturer’s appliance warranty.
Stay Legal – Commercial:
All commercial buildings must have evidence of regular servicing in accordance with manufacturer instructions by way of a CP15 and CP17 Certificate. This legal requirement can be met by having a maintenance contract in place with evidence of regular servicing and gas safety inspection reports, with Beaumont Water Heaters. If you are in any doubt about your legal requirements and how to get a certificate or wish to save money with servicing or a replacement heating hot water appliance, please don’t hesitate to contact our service manager Mr Lawrence Masters 01794 324900 press option 2.